Thursday, November 4, 2010

Creativity and the pursuit of perfection

Today I managed to find enough time to sit down and watch Chase Jarvis' keynote on social art. As I've begun to notice more and more, the art industry is at a turning point, it's not longer limited to the "talented" or "gifted" and more towards what Chase refers to as "Social Art," claiming that we are at a point to where anyone can take a picture, or a video and within minutes have it posted on their Facebook, Flickr, Twitter or blog, available to the entire internet. I particularly found this very interesting, considering my ever growing obsession with photography lately. Recently I had been concerned about how my age would affect my work, but as photographer Joey Lawrence commented, that age has absolutely nothing to do with one's work. His point backed that he began to gain public exposure at the age of 15 years old, and now 4 years later an internationally acclaimed photographer who shoots all around the world.

Oh CRAP! It's 1:20 am :P I need to sleep



http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2010/11/chase-jarvis-on-social-art-keynote-address/

1 comment:

  1. I love Joey Lawrence!
    Also, I am going to have to watch this video.

    ReplyDelete